Monday, March 9, 2009

1 more week..

Last week went really well. I was able to accomplish a lot, and now I'm feeling good about how things will finish up here for me. I was able to meet with the Deputy Headmaster (like a principle) of one of the main schools in town to discuss the possibility of putting orphans in school. I think it went really well, we'll have to see how it plays out in the coming months.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to teach at a church with well over 300 people in attendance out in Kamena, a village nearly 2 hours away in the bush. That was an amazing opportunity! We know of about 100 orphans in the Kamena area. During our time there we filled in Child Profiles that Navice and I made for each child, and we also got a picture of each one to go along with the profile. I felt good about it because it's a major step in the right direction to make sure we can keep track and no one falls through the cracks.
I reminded our construction workers this morning that I'm leaving in about a week...I'll miss them a lot, and I could tell they'll miss me too. I've also been trying to hang out with my good friend Sunday almost every day since I'm leaving soon. He keeps telling me how I can't leave and he's going to steal me and keep me here. He tells me every day that the time is going too fast and he'll miss me when I leave. I feel the same, we've become very good friends...it'll be hard to leave. Navice keeps telling me I need to stay longer too, I told Him that my mom doesn't like that idea.
So this is my last week in Serenje. As I've said so many times recently, I can't believe it's time to go back already. This may seem weird, but I've decided that I won't be using internet the rest of this week. So I'm cutting off my contact through the blog and email with your side of the planet. Feel free to continue emailing me, but I won't be reading and replying until I'm in Lusaka getting ready to come back to Omaha. God made it very clear to me that I need to do this...I want to focus on Him and my time left here. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and all of your support. For those who have been asking, I'm due to arrive in Omaha on Wednesday, March 18th at 12:49 PM.


PRAYER REQUESTS: That I would use my time wisely and finish strong...I'm sharing every morning this week for our Bible Study (we usually just do two mornings a week), pray for me to follow God's will on what to teach...I'm spending significant chunks of time alone with God in prayer and in Scripture, pray for me to focus in that as well...for all my friends that I'll be saying goodbye to for now...the picture above is an orphan named Zita (Zee-tuh), you can pray for her in any area you can think of, she needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment